Post-Separation Representation With Excellence
Alimony and post-separation support awards are important factors that must be discussed for any North Carolina divorce.
For aggressive, effective advocacy in family law issues of alimony, post-separation support and spousal maintenance in Western North Carolina, you should contact the Lincolnton and attorneys of The Pendleton Law Firm
You can trust our experienced law firm to listen carefully to your wishes, offer realistic assessments of your goals and deliver representation with excellence throughout the legal process.
Alimony is a permanent order requiring a supporting spouse to pay the dependent spouse a specific amount of money periodically or in one lump-sum payment. Periodic payments may be ordered for a specific period, or they may continue indefinitely.
Depending on the specifics of your unique situation, we can protect your rights in alimony matters, mediate any family law issue to a successful conclusion and generally transition you to a brighter, more secure post-divorce future.
For more than 50 years at The Pendleton Law Firm, our business has been to take care of your business. Call or email us today to arrange your initial consultation.
Responsive Team Approach To Your Family Law Issues In Western North Carolina
The skilled family law attorneys at The Pendleton Law Firm, arm you with the facts you need about alimony and post-separation support such as these factors that courts consider when weighing appropriate levels of spousal support:
- Marital misconduct
- Income of the parties
- Their health, age and general condition
- Any unearned income such as dividends, Social Security or retirement funds
- Length of the marriage
- Payments made by a spouse to further the other’s career
- The impact of child care on the spouses’ earning power
- The standard of living to which they became accustomed
- Education and ability to find gainful employment opportunities
- Debt or legal obligations of support
- Property owned by the spouses individually before the marriage
- Value and benefit contributed by either spouse as homemaker
- Tax implications of any alimony award
At The Pendleton Law Firm, we offer honest answers to your questions, comfort for your concerns and regular updates on the status of your case. We are as proud of our responsive, attentive personal service as we are of our proven expertise and reputation for results.
Our Lincolnton alimony lawyers welcome the opportunity to serve you. Contact us at 704-666-2368 or by email to arrange your initial consultation.